Monday, July 31, 2017

TUESDAY TEACH - ABILITY Pastor Cecil A. Thompson August 1 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson August 1

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
August 1, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“TEACH-ABILITY”
 Psalm 143:10
Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may your good Spirit lead on level ground.”

I recall being a young grade school boy and suffering through dull and lifeless classes. As I look back over my school years from this vantage point, I see that I might have profited by starting school one year later.  It was not that I was stupid, but my learning capacity was a little delayed.

It was not until 11th grade that I discovered that I was teachable. It was my speech teacher, Miss Helen Wilson, who held the key to open my mind. She did it by being excited by my progress and giving me encouragement. I not only began to get above-average grades in her class, but in all of my classes.

It would be easy to feel resentment toward all my other teachers who only saw me as an underachiever. I have come to understand, however, that they had no idea that there was potential just waiting to have someone discover my teach-ability.    

We may never have a Miss Wilson in our life to encourage or motivate us, but we do have the precious Word of God that is even greater. All we need to do is open the Word and become teach-able!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment