Monday, February 5, 2018

TUESDAY OUR ROCK; February 6, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com
February 6, 2018
“OUR ROCK!”
Psalm 18:2: “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
I was born and spent the first twelve years of my life in Camas, Washington. Just over 20 miles east of Camas is a huge basalt rock about 840 feet high known as Beacon Rock. When I think of a huge hunk of rock I think of Beacon Rock. It has weathered the storms of winter and the blazing heat of summer, yet it stands tall and strong.
When I think of my spiritual rock I think of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the one who created Beacon Rock and all of the other rocks on the face of our globe. He is the Blessed Creator of all things! He never changes regardless of the storms of life.
We need a strong rock like Jesus to see us through the trials and tribulations of our life. The reality is that we all pass through storms that threaten to overwhelm us. It is during these times that we need to anchor our life in the Rock of our salvation.
Who is your rock? Do you place your trust in some human being that is destined to die like every other human? That is not a wise and safe source of strength. While we need the comfort and counsel of others, even more so we need a redeeming Savior who loved us enough to become the rock of our salvation!
Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: “GOD’S PROTECTION!” Psalm 23:4 GOD’S PROTECTION​! Psalm 23:4 – Devotional Psalm 23:4 “Yea,...