Tuesday, November 5, 2019

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 5th, “ACT RIGHT!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

 TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

November 5, 2019
“ACT RIGHT!”
2 Chronicles 7:14
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

I once knew a lady who spent a great deal of effort trying to get unbelievers to act like believers. The result of her efforts was exhaustion for her and created such animosity among the unsaved that they rejected the gospel.

In reading today’s Scripture, I immediately notice something in the first few words:  If My people, who are called by My name...” That identifies the people who are being addressed. It is His people.

Why is this important?  It is because the saved are the ones who need to be re-vived. The unsaved need to be vived. I know there is no such word, but I hope you understand my meaning.  They first need to experience salvation and a new life.

When we pray for the Lord to heal our land, there must be a revival of the people of God. We believers need to fall in humility on our face and cry out to the Lord to forgive us for losing our first love—the love of Christ. We need to confess that we have strayed from God’s way and have gone our own willful way by loose living and indifference to the things of God.  May God hear our prayers and bring life through faith in Jesus Christ to those who are spiritually dead. 

May God richly bless you by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment