Thursday, January 9, 2020

THURSDAY JANUARY 9th, “THE CALL TO FOLLOW!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“THE CALL TO FOLLOW!”
January 9, 2020
John 12:26
"If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor."

The call to commitment is always there before us.  Jesus wants our total commitment (and He knows when we place conditions on our commitment).  He wants words, but also action.  It is not just saying it with our mouth, but living it with our actions. In Hebraic thought there is no obedience without action.

I am looking at the words of the old invitation hymn "Where  He Leads Me."  You might think back when George Beverly Shea would sing it at a Billy Graham crusade: "I can hear my Savior calling, I can hear my Savior calling, I can hear my Savior calling, 'Take thy cross and follow, follow Me.' "

"I'll go with Him thru the judgment, I'll go with Him thru the judgment, I'll go with Him thru the judgment, I'll go with Him, with Him all the way."

"He will give me grace and glory,  He will give me grace and glory, He will give me grace and glory, And go with me, with me all the way."

Chorus:  "Where He leads me I will follow, where He leads me I will follow, where He leads me I will follow -- I'll go with Him, with Him all the way."

May God richly bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil   

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment