WEDNESDAY MARCH 25th, “JESUS IN THE SHADOW!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

March 25, 2020
“JESUS IN THE SHADOW!”
Psalm 23:4
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”

It is interesting that the Psalmist does not say he walks through the valley of death; but the valley of the shadow of death. While the word death appears in both expressions, one is the reality of death while the other is only a shadow of death. I want to express a truth I have shared many times: SHADOWS ARE ALWAYS LARGER THAN THE ACTUAL OBJECT!   

At my age, I have gone through both the valley of death and the valley of the shadow of death. I have walked the dark and dismal path through the shadow of death and I want you to know that it is a daunting experience. As I think about it I am sure that I shed more tears through the valley of the shadow of death.

As I try to make sense of this I am reminded that in the dark and foreboding shadows that intrude on our pathway, the Lord has promised that He will be with us and that He will bring us comfort.

If you are facing a valley right now, look up to the Lord and know that He is there beside you and will give you the comfort that you need to keep on going!

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL