TUESDAY AUGUST 11th, “CONFIDENCE IN CHRIST!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL

 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

 

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

https://pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com

 

August 11, 2020

“CONFIDENCE IN CHRIST!”

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

 

Back in the early 80's I was involved in Christian counseling.  A man came to me who was in a state of constant fear.  His telephone calls or personal visits were ensconced in a panic of fear and dread.  It was such an all-consuming trait that it drove people away from him, which only increased his fear and depression.  As a result of working with this man I came to realize once again that fear and depression go hand in hand.

 

I attempted, with prayer and to the best of my ability, to guide this man to the Lord as the answer to life's problems which so grievously attacked him.  At times I thought he was making headway, but soon he was back to relying upon himself and his own abilities.  It was back to "dismal city" all over again.  Sometime after leaving that community I received word that he had taken his own life.  The end of refusing to trust in God is not pleasant.

 

As we look at today's verse, we see that as believers we are instructed to stay clear of two patterns of behavior: fear and depression. We have confidence because: FOR I AM WITH YOU! and  I AM YOUR GOD! 

 

Blessings dear hearts.  May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!  - - Pastor Cecil  

 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL