Thursday, May 12, 2022


LET YOUR FAITH BE SEEN!

James 2:20 – Devotional

James 2:20

“I want you to know, O foolish person, that faith without works is dead!”

We may not be called by God to pastor a congregation, or lead an area wide crusade, or write an exhaustive commentary, BUT – we as believers are called to live in such a way that Jesus may be seen in us!

I have frequently repeated a phrase I heard many years ago; “I would rather SEE a sermon lived out on in a daily walk rather than hear one preached out with a flurry of words from a pulpit.

This is not to say that preaching and sharing the Life Giving Gospel of Jesus Christ is not essential, it is! The point I want to stress is that our message of life-giving faith in Christ must be accompanied by our yielded life in Christ.

It reminds me of a phrase from a favorite hymn we used to sing frequently. “Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me!” Are we allowing the beauty of Jesus to shine brightly in our life? I pray that we are!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

– – – Pastor Cecil

Share a blessing by inviting your friends and family to subscribe to Pastor Cecil’s Daily E-Votional by clicking on the Subscribe button above.

Share the Lord with someone by directing them to https://PastorCecil.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: THIS IS LOVE! 1 John 4:10 THIS IS LOVE​! 1 John 4:10 – Devotional 1 John 4:10 “This is lov...