Monday, October 7, 2024

TROUBLES​!

2 Corinthians 6:3-4 – Devotional

2 Corinthians 6:3-4

“We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. Rather, as servants of God, we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; and troubles, hardships and distresses.”

As I write this, I am listening to a gospel song that proclaims “I’m getting ready to leave this world.”

Are we?

I mean, are we truly looking forward to the day when we will say goodbye to the things of this world and enter our eternal home?

Studying the biographies of some of the greatest saints across the ages, I learned that they often endured troublesome difficulties.

Many faced far greater problems than I have ever faced. Not only that, they dealt with these troubles with confidence in Jesus.

I have frequently heard certain ministers preach, and teach a feel-good gospel. They seem to say that, if you have enough faith, you will never have to deal with sickness, pain, or catastrophic events.

When I hear their teachings, I want to shout out for them to read about the life of Paul.

He endured more persecution than I can imagine, yet he was in the center of God‘s will.

The discovery I’ve made is that we can have victory in the middle of the storms of life.

I recall the song we used to sing when I was a teenager – “troubles may come, and troubles will go; we’ll trust in Jesus come weal or woe”

Now that is my aim in life.

I know that there will be troubles, but my Jesus is in control.

Blessings dear hearts. Walk with God today and be a blessing!

– – – Pastor Cecil


Share a blessing by inviting your friends and family to subscribe to Pastor Cecil’s DailyEvotional emails by clicking on the Subscribe button above.

Share the Lord with someone by directing them to https://PastorCecil.com.

If you have watched The Sands of Eternity video above and prayed the prayer at the end, please go to https://PastorCecil.com/ and use the form on the webpage to let us know so we can send you follow up resources and/or send an email to pastorcecil@dailyevotional.com and let him know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: WE ARE NEVER ALONE!​ Proverbs 18:24 WE ARE NEVER ALONE​! Proverbs 18:24 – Devotional Proverb...