Wednesday, February 3, 2016

THURSDAY: “COME TO ME!” Matthew 11:28-30 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson February 4, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
February 4, 2016

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

“COME TO ME!”
Matthew 11:28-30
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Do you ever get weary? If you are honest, I am sure that you would respond in the affirmative to that question. These bodies of ours are amazing, but at some point we feel fatigue set in and we need rest.

There have been times in my life when I was so tired that I felt as if I could not move one more step. I recall a time many years ago when I felt that way. It was at that moment that the Lord seemed to draw me near to Him in a new way.

Physically, I certainly did not feel inclined to respond in a positive way. But I am so glad I did. It was a new step to discover a deeper walk with the Lord. He taught me a lesson I have carried with me all these years. When we come to Him and take up His yoke, we feel strength we never felt before.

If you are at that point in your life right now, I want to encourage you to take the step of faith in forgetting all of your aches, pains, and weariness. Say "yes" to the Lord in any and everything He is telling you to do. THAT IS BEING YOKED WITH HIM!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: THIS IS LOVE! 1 John 4:10 THIS IS LOVE​! 1 John 4:10 – Devotional 1 John 4:10 “This is lov...