Sunday, February 21, 2016

WEDNESDAY: “DECEITFUL PRIDE!” Jeremiah 17:9-10 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson February 24, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
February 24, 2016

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

“DECEITFUL PRIDE!”
Jeremiah 17:9-10
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.

My daughter made a comment a few days ago that was like a slap in the face. It was in no way disrespectful, but it confronted me with something I was not aware even existed in my life.

She had been to the dentist and while there she commented to the dental hygienist that I never used any type of deadening when I had dental work done. She went on to tell her that I was PROUD of it. WOW!

As I have thought about her statement I have come to realize that I have been taking pride in a silly thing like not using Novocain. Many times we think of only the big areas of pride in our life and overlook the small, but just as deadly sources of pride.

I have prayed and asked the Lord to forgive me for this sin of pride. I am also searching for other hidden things that demonstrate pride. My desire is to search and confess each time I discover some area of pride I have overlooked.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: “GLEANING GOD’S WORD!” Acts 17:11 GLEANING GOD’S WORD​! Acts 17:11 – Devotional Acts 17:11...