MONDAY: “EAGLE’S WINGS!” Isaiah 40:31 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson August 15, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
August 15, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“EAGLE’S WINGS!”
Isaiah 40:31
 “But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.”

I have loved eagles for as long as I can remember. My address is even Bald Eagle Lane. A few days ago I was outside with my little dog, Izzy, when I happened to look up and see a majestic eagle in flight.

I must have been watching the eagle for five minutes as it circled over a wooded area when it suddenly struck me that the eagle was not flapping its wings. Instead it was soaring on wind currents. It would merely change the angle of its wings in order to carry it where it wanted to go.

That splendid sighting of the eagle reminded me of today's passage in Isaiah 40:31. Hanging on the wall above my desk is a counted cross stitch picture that was a gift from our oldest daughter, Brenda Joy, before her death. Countless times I have glanced up from my work and been thrilled by the words of this verse.

God gives us a promise of strength, which is not bestowed when we strive or strain to accomplish some great and mighty act. We receive it when we wait on the Lord. It is like waiting on a train platform knowing the train is soon coming. When it arrives we simply get on board and ride along. Now that is soaring!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family.
Attachments area

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL