WEDNESDAY: “HEAD MARKER!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson May 10 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
May 10, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“HEAD MARKER!”
Mark 12:27a
He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living.”

My Grandpa Thompson died when I was just five. I remember attending his graveside service in Camas, Washington. It was some 70 years later that I took my wife Joyce to the cemetery to see if I could find the head marker. Incredibly, I walked directly to it. As I stood there I was aware that he and Grandma, who died several years later, were not actually there. They were with the Lord!

From time to time I walk across the cemetery where my precious wife was laid to rest. As I read the words on the head marker, I see not only her name, date of birth and date of death, but  also my name with my date of birth.

As often as I stand there I am aware that she is more alive than I am. There is no suffering or pain or heartache in the paradise of God. She is more alive than she has ever been. I find myself not sorry for her, but eagerly looking forward to being with her and all of the other Saints who have gone ahead of us.

If you have never personally confessed that you are a sinner and invited Jesus to come into your heart, I invite you to do so right now. Experience that new birth that will insure your head marker will be a reminder for others that you are not here, but with the Lord in the place He has prepared for us.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL