Sunday, June 4, 2017

HE'S BACK! JUNE 5TH - “MEMORIES!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 5, 2017 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
June 5, 2017
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com
“MEMORIES!”
Philippians 3:13
“Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead.”
"I have returned!" Those were the words of General Douglas MacArthur as he stepped ashore on Luzon of the northern Philippines after two years. He had promised the people of the Philippines he would return. It was a time of special meaning.
MacArthur was gone for over two years. I've been away for only two weeks, but at times it has felt like two years. For quite some time I have wanted to visit the church where I gave my heart to Jesus over 70 years ago. I have driven by the church several times over the years, but this time I was determined to look inside.
The church is now occupied by a different denomination, but when I made contact with the current pastor, he was gracious to usher me back through the doors of my memories to another time and place. I was able to stand at the very spot where I had knelt so very long ago.
Do you know what happened? Nothing! It began to dawn on me that memories can control us, and we are much better to let them go and live in the power of the Lord for the present. I determined at that spot to live in the present and let the memories fade into the twilight. Today is a new day!
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment