Sunday, June 25, 2017

MONDAY “FEAR AND DEPRESSION!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 26 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

MONDAY  “FEAR AND DEPRESSION!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 26  DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
June 26, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“FEAR AND DEPRESSSION!”
Isaiah 41:10 
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

When I was a small boy (many years ago), Isaiah 41:10 was one of the first verses that I ever memorized. Now over seventy-five years later, I find it remarkable that I can still recall the words. They have been brought to my mind many times through the years -- words that have been a true guide for my life.  

There are two instructions the Lord gives us to operate our lives by: DO NOT FEAR and BE NOT DISMAYED. That immediately warns me that there is danger for each and every believer who allows fear and depression to dominate our life.

Over the years I have come to the realization that many people are crippled by the debilitating grip of fear, depression, or both. Counselors have been providing so-called answers to these issues from a humanistic point of view, but more often than not they have failed.

The true answer is to be found with the Lord Himself. The answer He provides for fear is that He is with us -- WE ARE NEVER ALONE! The answer to depression is God's promise TO STRENGTHEN US AND UPHOLD US WITH HIS RIGHTEOUS RIGHT HAND!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment