THURSDAY VIGILANT; March 22, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

March 22, 2018
“VIGILANT!”
I Peter 4:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.”

I once stopped to assist a friend who was having car trouble. What I did not realize was that he also had dog trouble. His car was in the yard of the owners of a very angry dog. I failed to realize his predicament until I exited my car and the dog came around and pinned me against my car.

My friend, the coward, jumped into the passenger side and even had the audacity to roll down the window and tell me to be careful because the dog was vicious. I am not sure how I managed to get the door open and back inside the safety of the car without being eaten alive, but I finally made it!

That incident reminds me that we can easily fall into the trap of the enemy of our souls.  Satan knows how to put various kinds of lures along our pathway to heaven.   We may have the best of intentions, and one little detour shouldn’t hurt---but it does!

The Apostle Peter knew what it was like to be ensnared by words and actions that resulted in his failing his Master, Jesus Christ.  He describes the devil prowling around looking for prey. We must always be on our guard by remaining close to the Lord who will protect us.   

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!  - - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL