WEDNESDAY MOWER MINISTRY; March 28, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

March 28, 2018
“MOWER MINISTRY!”
Matthew 25:40
And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you didit to Me.’

Many years ago I had an appointment with another minister at his church. As I was walking in I noticed a jovial elderly man that I knew. Old Ben was busy mowing the church's lawn as if it was the most vital job in the world. After my meeting with the pastor I saw that Old Ben was resting in the shade.

I asked if he worked for the church and he replied that he just did it as his own ministry. Further inquiry revealed that not only did he mow the lawn at the church, he also mowed and trimmed the lawns of several local widows without any expense to them. It was Ben's “mower ministry.”

Sometimes we may think that we need to have a degree in theology in order to be a minister. Beep! Wrong answer! All we need to do is give a drink of water (or mow a lawn) as a means of ministering for our Lord.

How are you ministering for the Lord in your own life? Are you allowing Him to take the simple acts of kindness toward others and make them the means of sharing the gospel of Jesus in a meaningful way? I think many of us ministers need to get behind a mower and serve the Lord more effectively. 

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!  - - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL