WEDNESDAY WHAT IS UNDERNEATH; April 18, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

April 18, 2018
“WHAT IS UNDERNEATH?”
Matthew 23:27
 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.”

I think it was when I was 16 years old that I owned my first car. It was an old 1935 Chevy sedan that actually looked older than it really was (if that was possible). The black paint had oxidized and there were rust spots here and there, but it was mine!

You can imagine that I received many snide comments from my friends about my car, but it drove like a dream. Joyce was my sweetheart and she never looked down on me because of the way that old car looked.

We finally decided to do something about the old Chevy's appearance. I remember going to the paint store with Joyce. We requested car paint and were directed to a wall displaying paints of various colors. We decided on a light gray. After sanding the old car, Joyce's dad gave me a paint brush with very soft bristles. The paint seemed to flow on and you could not see brush marks at all. When I returned to the paint store to buy a small can of blue paint to add a stripe, they could not believe the paint was brushed on. They said I must have sprayed it on.

I say all of this to remind us that that it was the same old car ... just with a new paint job! In the same way there are people who try to cover their ugly condition with a new “paint job,” but underneath they are the same as before. Which are you?  

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL