THURSDAY BE PREPARED; June 21, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

 TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

June 21, 2018
“BE PREPARED!”
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

One Sunday morning a young girl stunned me with a very astute question: “Why do we have to give our heart to the Lord?” It was an electric moment and the Holy Spirit seemed to impress me to forget everything and everyone in the room and speak directly to her.

I explained that the Lord tells us that it is the only way we will be born again and be with Him in heaven. One after another questions streamed from her. I blocked out everything else and gave her my undivided attention.

I cannot recall all of the questions she asked, but I do know that I was praying that the Lord would give me wisdom to answer them in such a way that this small girl would know that there is a God in heaven who cares about her. 

This exchange seemed to draw us all close together and closer to Jesus who loves the little children. In Luke 18:16 we read of how Jesus felt concern for children: But Jesus called them to Him and said, ‘Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.” I always want to be prepared to answer the sincere questions of either an adult or a little child!  

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL