WEDNESDAY MARCH 6th,“OOPS!” PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY EVOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

March 6, 2019
“OOPS!”
Ecclesiastes 9:12
For man also does not know his time: Like fish taken in a cruel net, like birds caught in a snare, so the sons of men are snared in an evil time, when it falls suddenly upon them.” 

My wife and I were once traveling home when we saw a friend of ours, Terry Pullen, frantically waving his hand from the driveway of a family we knew. I thought he was having car trouble and stopped to render assistance. When I stopped I immediately got out of my car. (It was not a wise thing to do!)

As I closed my door a huge dog roared around the front of the car with teeth bared and snarling.  It was clear that he meant business! When the dog came after me, Terry jumped in the back seat on the passenger side. The coward! He even had the audacity to roll down the window and tell me to be careful because the dog was vicious. (I was so glad that he told me. I never would have known!)

I am not sure how I managed to get the door open and back inside the safety of the car without being eaten alive, but I finally made it!

That incident reminds me that we can easily fall into the trap of the enemy of our souls.  Satan knows how to put various kinds of lures along our pathway to heaven. We may have the best of intentions, and one little detour shouldn’t hurt---but it does!
  
Blessings dear hearts!  Walk with God today and be a blessing!  
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL