MONDAY DECEMBER 23rd, “USED OF GOD!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

 TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

December 23, 2019
“USED OF GOD!”
Luke 1:17
“He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,’ and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

In today’s Scripture, four hundred years of silence was broken and now an obscure priest from the hill country of Judea was the recipient of a Divine revelation. It was made by none other than the archangel Gabriel.

He announced that this old couple, Zacharias and Elizabeth, were going to have a son and his name was to be John. Gabriel bridged that gap from the Old Testament book of Malachi and told Zacharias that this special son would be given the spirit of Elijah. He would lead a dramatic revival of spirituality, but even a greater purpose would be to announce the arrival of the promised Messiah,.

As a boy I never imagined that God could use me. I was always out of step with the others. I believed them when they said I was a remedial student. To me that meant that I was a dummy and fit for only a menial occupation. In high school I was confronted with the reality that I could use this brain of mine. 

I am convinced that the Lord has a purpose for each of us. You may feel that you lack the requirements to be used of God, but that is none of your business. It is God’s business and all you and I have to do is find God’s purpose for each and every day and then walk in expectancy. Go for it!!

May God richly bless others by your words and actions!  
- - - Pastor Cecil  
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL