Thursday, December 26, 2019

THURSDAY DECEMBER 26th, BACK TO THE BASICS!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

 TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

December 26, 2019
“BACK TO THE BASICS!”
Psalm 143:10
“Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.”

As hard as it may be to believe, I have taught many university classes. It reminds me of the old joke about an obviously unlearned man who said he has just been to a prominent university. When asked what he had studied he replied, “Oh, I didn’t study, they were studying me!”

One particular course I taught was a huge class of over 120 students. As I stood at the podium and looked out at the sea of faces, I realized that there were all sorts of thoughts going on in their brains and I had a very limited amount of time to get them focused on learning the principles I wanted them to grasp.

I frequently feel as if I am in need of getting back to the basic principles of being a disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ. I certainly do not feel that I have all of the answers. In fact I often find myself searching for the questions!

One thing I will strive for in the days the Lord chooses to bless me with is to be more and more committed to searching out some of the answers to the basics. I hope you will join with me as we devote our time to discover God’s answers to today’s problems.  

May God richly bless others by your words and actions!  
- - - Pastor Cecil  

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: “GOD’S PROTECTION!” Psalm 23:4 GOD’S PROTECTION​! Psalm 23:4 – Devotional Psalm 23:4 “Yea,...