Monday, June 1, 2020

MONDAY JUNE 1st, “A VAPOR!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

JUNE 1st, 2020
“A VAPOR!”
Psalm 118:24
Whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.”

One cold winter morning I stepped outside for a moment and noticed a mist near the full moon. As I stood silently watching, it quickly vanished away. When I returned to my warm living room, I reflected on the way the mist had so quickly vanished. It reminded me of just how quickly life vanishes away.

Almost every day I read of the rich and famous, as well as the poor and unknown, who have come to the end of their lives on this earth and entered eternity. It is a reality that the death rate for humans is 100%, unless we are destined to depart in the rapture.

Along with this vaporous existence that we know as our life comes a vivid reality: How do we invest the days we have been allotted? Are they lived for the Lord in a way that will count for eternity, or do we waste our time on the here and now that will vanish away like the mist near a full moon?

I want my life to count for the Lord! I want my actions to draw people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. On Christ the solid rock I stand and lift His holy name as that which will never vanish like the vapor.

Blessings dear hearts! May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 
- - - Pastor Cecil  
You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment