Tuesday, June 30, 2020

TUESDAY JUNE 30, “ENDURE THE PAIN!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

 TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

JUNE 30, 2020
“ENDURE THE PAIN!”
Matthew 5:11
“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.

I once had a man from my congregation make an appointment to talk with me. He came to our home and we enjoyed a light lunch before going into my office. Out of the clear blue I heard these words: “I hate your guts!”  Wow!  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  Prior to this there did not seem to be any sort of conflict between us, so his statement was an unexpected blow.

With my mind reeling, I prayed silently for God’s wisdom and strength. With as much sincerity as possible I said, “I am so glad that you feel free to share your feelings with me.”  From that incident I would like to suggest a few ways to respond to and love the unlovable:

(1)  Rely on God’s wisdom in dealing with the person.
(2)  Realize that these unlovable people need love—perhaps more than others.
(3)  Remember how unlovable our sins are in God’s sight.
(4)  Rejoice that we are counted worthy to encounter persecution.
(5)  Respond with love rather than retaliate with resentment.

What happened on that Sunday evening so long ago?  We spent time together as he poured out his heart.  As he was leaving he looked me directly in the eye and said, “Pastor, I love you so much!”  Double Wow!  That was certainly a dramatic change from the statement he had declared earlier.  God is so good!

May God richly bless you by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment