WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 10, “EQUIPPED!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL

 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com 

February 10, 2021

“EQUIPPED!”

2 Timothy 3:16-17

 “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

 

Recently I conducted a graveside service for a retired police officer. As I looked around the crowd of people in attendance I noticed that many of the police officers were dressed in full uniform with perhaps 20 to 30 pounds of high tech gear. I almost laughed out loud when I recalled what my own police gear looked like when I was a patrolman back in 1958 -- a gun, extra ammo, handcuffs, and a badge.

 

That last item was most important. When I was sworn in as a police officer I gave my word to serve and protect the people of my community under the authority of that badge. The vast majority of citizens supported that authority.

 

God has equipped us with our very own badge of authority. It is the Word of God. Paul wanted his son in the faith, Timothy, to recognize the power he had been given by the Word of God: doctrine – reproof – correction – instruction in righteousness.

 

Every believer has the same equipment available today. We are equipped, but are we using what God has provided? Our badge of authority is the new birth and the equipment is His Word. Use it wisely and effectively!

 

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!

- - - Pastor Cecil

 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL