WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 18, “START A FLAME!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL

 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com

February 17, 2021

“START A FLAME!”

Judges 13:20a

It happened as the flame went up toward heaven from the altar—the Angel of the Lord ascended in the flame of the altar!

 

Here in Olympia we have a radio station that plays only old-time records, some as far back as the roaring 20's.  It is nostalgic to listen to the songs from the big band era, and yes, even the craziness of Spike Jones or the Hoosier Hotshots.

 

As I listened the other day I heard the Ink Spots begin to sing "A Flame in Your Heart." The lyrics suddenly electrified me.  It was like the Lord was giving these words of love to any who  would hear. 

 

I am not sure I can recall the words exactly, but I hope you get the idea:  "I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart.  In My heart there is but one desire, and that one is you!  No other will do!"

 

My mind began to race with thoughts of the ways of God.  We often talk and promote revival, but do we truly know what it means?  I fear that the concept we have in our minds-eye is large groups of people loving and serving God.  I think that is wrong!  That is the result of revival, not the revival itself.

 

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!  

 

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL