Tuesday, August 1, 2023

MAGNIFIED SHADOWS!

Psalm 23:4 – Devotional

Psalm 23:4

“Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and staff, they comfort me.

Once I was about a block from my house and gliding along at about ten miles per hour when I noticed an eight-inch long shadow gliding along beside me on the pavement. It was then that I noticed a two-inch long insect flying next to the car. The sun was at just the right angle to magnify the shadow of the tiny insect.

When I replay that scene in my mind, I am reminded that shadows are always magnified and are larger than real life. The Psalmist reminds us that we travel through the valley of the shadow of death, not the valley of death.

What is the difference? The difference is that shadows are magnified. That means things we fear appear to be larger than life. Not only that, we have our Great Shepherd, Jesus Christ, who carries a rod and staff to rescue and protect us.

The next time you encounter the shadow of fear in your life, remember who is walking beside you. He knows how big the threat really is and He alone is able to shield and protect you.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

– – – Pastor Cecil

Share a blessing by inviting your friends and family to subscribe to Pastor Cecil’s Daily E-Votional by clicking on the Subscribe button above.

Share the Lord with someone by directing them to https://PastorCecil.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: THIS IS LOVE! 1 John 4:10 THIS IS LOVE​! 1 John 4:10 – Devotional 1 John 4:10 “This is lov...