Wednesday, November 9, 2016

THURSDAY: "OUR MEDIATOR!” Hebrews 8:6 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson November 10, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
November 10, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “OUR MEDIATOR!”
Hebrews 8:6
But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.”

There is a word in today’s Scripture that resonates with me. It is the word mediator, which is the Greek word mesitês. Here is the definition of that word: one who intervenes between two, either in order to make or restore peace and friendship, or form a compact, or for ratifying a covenant.

When I was in graduate school, my final hurdle was to appear before a panel of my professors to defend my thesis and prove that I had the knowledge necessary for the degree.

I was very nervous since I had heard that previous students had been rejected several times before being recommended for the degree. My major Professor told me to relax and that he would mediate for me. In essence, he did all of the defending for the other professors and I only had to smile and try to look intelligent. Ha!

Jesus is our mediator before the Father. He knows us inside and out, and Jesus knows those who have been born again with their names written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. I am so relieved that our Great Mediator will silence the accuser (Satan) when he tries to discredit us. Oh, what a relief it is!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment