TUESDAY: “ONLY ONE LIFE!” Matthew 5:16 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson March 14, 2017 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
March 14, 2017
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“ONLY ONE LIFE!”
Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”

Today, March 14,  (3/14), is Pi day. Pi is defined as the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter— which is approximately 3.14159. You certainly cannot prove that by me. I always struggled with math and must rely on this definition.

The thing that I celebrate on 3/14 is my birthday. That’s right … I have arrived at another milestone in my life as I celebrate my 83rd birthday. Looking back over the years of my life I am so thankful that I received Christ as my personal Savior as a young boy, and I have loved Him through these many years.

There is a poem by missionary C.T. Studd that is so familiar many people think that it comes from the Bible. These words are repeated in each stanza of the poem: “Only one life,’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last.”

The truth in that statement is deep and profound. When we weigh the fleeting pleasures of this life against the reality of eternity, we discover that all the things that people waste their efforts on will pass away. Only the things we do for Christ will echo down the ages of time when we are all gathered in God’s eternal kingdom!

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL