THURSDAY LOSS; Pastor Cecil A. Thompson October 19, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 19, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“LOSS!”
Philippians 3:7
But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.”

Each time I read the sports pages of the newspaper I see that there are more losers than winners. Many contenders enter the race, but only one crosses the finish line in first place and receives the winner’s laurels.

Every sport has its winners and losers. It is the same way in the field of business and industry. What we gain today can be lost in a moment of time. To believe that we will always have things our way is to deceive ourselves.

Many of us have experienced the loss of loved ones and friends. I personally have encountered the valley of the shadow of death in the passing of my parents, my brother, my oldest daughter,  and my precious wife. I also have lost many other dear family and friends.

The things of this world pass quickly. I am constantly encouraged by the assurance that those dear ones who knew the Lord on this earth are not lost, but have slipped into the paradise of the Lord. I eagerly anticipate seeing them again, and when I do it will be in the land where there will never be any loss ... but only peace, joy, and everlasting fulfillment. What a day that will be!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil
You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL