TUESDAY I’M SO TIRED; Pastor Cecil A. Thompson October 17, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 17, 2017
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK
pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK
pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com
“I’M SO TIRED!”
Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Across the years I have been blessed to counsel many people. One of the most common complaints I have heard is “I’m so tired.” In a way it has been humorous since they complain that they are so tired they need a vacation, and when they return from vacation they are exhausted from the vacation.
It rather reminds me of counseling people who are having marital problems. There will be boxes of tissues to dry the tears of those who wish they had never gotten married. Later, another person will cry their eyes out because they are not married and wish they were.
The human body is capable of performing amazing feats of stamina. The way athletes run long distances and accomplish their acts of endurance is by training. Little by little, day by day, they grow stronger and stronger until they can perform without the fatigue that once plagued them.
In today’s Scripture Jesus gives us the spiritual prescription for our weariness:
1. Come to Him. 2. Take His yoke upon us. 3. Learn from Him. Notice the rewards for following His direction—His deep and abiding rest.
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL