THURSDAY BRENDA’S BLESSING; May 24, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

May 24, 2018
“BRENDA’S BLESSING!”
Psalm 139:17-18
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;when I awake, I am still with You.”

If my daughter Brenda was still alive this would be her 62nd birthday. I know that makes me feel ancient, but there are many more reminders that I am in my golden-oldie years! At least I am still here and God has enriched me with a meaningful ministry.

Many of you will recall the story I have shared of the final days of my daughter’s life back in 1991 when she was just 35. In the hospital one afternoon she shared with me that she felt cheated out of half of her expected life span. Wow! I was taken aback by Brenda's statement and on the way home prayed for discernment to bring her comfort.

As I was driving into the garage I noticed the tires had left fine sand on the floor ... and inspiration struck me. Taking a white sheet of paper, I swept up some of the sand. Then I laboriously counted out 75 grains and put them in an empty perfume bottle. The next day I placed it on her bed and told her it represented the 75 years her grandpa had lived -- one grain for each year. If eternity could be measured (it can’t), it shows that our years are nothing when we anticipate the glory of heaven waiting for us.

I have no idea how many more grains of sand the Lord will count out for me here on this earth, but I want to continue to be faithful and fruitful in serving him before I am given my eternal reward.  
  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

CLICK HERE TO VIEW "THE SANDS OF TIME" 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM4xZmygeBI
Come sit down with Pastor Cecil and share a cup of coffee as he discusses some very important things about life, eternity, heaven, and your decisions in this life. You can also visit his website at www.PastorCecil.com/
Attachments area

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL