Monday, May 7, 2018

WEDNESDAY THE PURSE; MAY 9th, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

May 9, 2018
“THE PURSE!”
Philippians 4:19  
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

One of the endearing memories I have of my wife is her purse. Her purses always had to be large and super large. We teased her about the size of her purses, but you know what? When we needed a band-aid, aspirin, sewing kit, tweezers, scissors ... I think you get the point. Her purse was the source of supply.

When I recall my many years of walking with the Lord, He has always been my source of supply. When I am weak, He is strong. When I have traveled through the valley of grief, He has carried me. When I have been attacked, He has been my defender.

It is interesting to read today’s Scripture and discover that God has promised to supply all of our need. That does not automatically mean He will supply all of our WANTS. Many times our wants are not what is best for us. In fact, our wants may be harmful to our spiritual or even physical well being.

The answer to discovering a strong spiritual balance is to stay close to the Lord and allow Him to supply everything we need to be effective servants. He goes before us and knows what we will need before we even ask Him. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”  Proverbs 3:6

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment