WEDNESDAY HUMAN SHORTCOMINGS; August 15, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

August 15, 2018
“HUMAN SHORTCOMINGS!”
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clangingcymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 

I hope you are as blown away by this passage as I am. It is a vital message on the things which God considers important. Perhaps it is better expressed as those things that are meaningless when not motivated by love. 

The more I study about God, the more I realize that I need to know more about Him.  He wants my heart to be transparent before Him; and only as I do that does He show me more and more of Himself.  I think that is why the Christian walk is never dull.

It is possible to do great and mighty things for the Lord only to discover that we are actually doing them to satisfy our own egos, or to impress those around us. Either way those are wrong motives.

It is vital to take time to analyze why we do the things we do. What is our reason for being called a follower of Christ? We may soon discover our shortcomings!

Blessings dear hearts.  May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!  - - Pastor Cecil  

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at:www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL