MONDAY, FEB 18th, "MAKE YOUR DAYS!" COUNT; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E - VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

February 18, 2019
“MAKE YOUR DAYS COUNT!”
James 1:23
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror.” 

I have reached the stage of my life when it is distressing to look into a mirror. I see the reflection of an old man staring back at me. How could this aging have taken place? The answer is one day at a time!

Along the hallway I am able to view photographs of parents and grandparents on both sides of the family. It comes as a shock to realize that I am now older than some of them when they went to be with the Lord. Wow! That is shocking!

Getting older is not something that should be unexpected, but should be accepted and dealt with in meaningful manner. The fact of the matter is that none of us are getting younger. Rather than lamenting about where the years have gone, we need to ask ourselves how we are going to best serve the Lord in the time we have left. 

In today’s Scripture James uses an illustration of a mirror.  As I read this passage for the umpteenth time, I suddenly saw something I had never seen before. It is only as we look into God’s mirror that we see ourselves as God sees us. I want to tell you that God is near and knows what we need even before we need it. What is the most shocking is that we look too much at our own limitations instead at His great provisions. I want my remaining days to count for the Lord!

Blessings dear hearts!  Walk with God today and be a blessing!  
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord atwww.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL