WEDNESDAY, FEB 27th, “ALL I NEED TO KNOW!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

February 27, 2019
“ALL I NEED TO KNOW!”
2 Corinthians 12:10
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 

Back in the 1970’s I seemed to have it made. I was Deputy Director of the Idaho Law Enforcement Planning Commission. The position paid well and I was offered a similar position with a Federal agency. But God had other plans for me.
I felt God’s call and took a part-time position with my home church. The pay was less and the hours longer, but it was God’s call and I could only obey. Since that time I have felt weak and inadequate, but it is in those times that I have most felt the power of God. It was not what I did, but what God did through me.
There came a time in my life when I felt that retirement was something to look forward to. I actually passed retirement age many years ago and now I am busier and my ministry is more fruitful than when I was young and strong.
Why is that? I think the answer is that it is not my strength or ability, but God flowing through me. The less I am able to do, the more He is able to do through me. “Do you feel me?”   
If you feel too weak or too inadequate to do work for the Lord—start praising the Lord. That is when His power and glory can be displayed. It is when we are weak that His strength is revealed! Thank God for the difficulties and watch Him work!
Blessings dear hearts!  Walk with God today and be a blessing!  
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL