TUESDAY FED 19th, “CONFORMITY!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

February 19, 2019
“CONFORMITY!”
Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” 

Just because we observe others acting or re-acting to a situation in a certain way does not mean that it is true. I once taught a college class and wanted to demonstrate the danger of relying on the response of others. I thoroughly washed a perfume bottle and completely purged it of any odor. I reminded the class that it was dangerous to rely on the responses of others. I was now about to catch them off guard.

I instructed the students to raise their hands the moment they could smell the perfume. Before class I had enlisted several students to assist me in the test. I asked them to sit in the front row and raise their hands after twenty to thirty seconds.

After twenty seconds the students I had enlisted to help me began to raise their hands.Soon everyone on the front row had their hands up, then the second row, and then several in the third row. I stopped the lecture and asked them what fragrance they thought it was? They finally agreed that it was floral and probably lilac.The students were stunned as I passed the bottle of pure water around and they discovered that there was no perfume and that they had responded because others had responded. 

There are many religious leaders who are leading the faithful away from the pure Word by their charismatic personalities and the hoopla surrounding a polished production.We must never let this happen! There must never be a compromise with anything or anybody who deviates from the pure Word!   

Blessings dear hearts!  Walk with God today and be a blessing!  
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord atwww.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL