WEDNESDAY AUGUST 7, “A FALSE WITNESS!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

August 7, 2019
 “A FALSE WITNESS!”
Proverbs 14:5
A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness will utter lies.”

Years ago, in the middle of the night while my wife Joyce was awake feeding our baby son, she happened to spot a small mouse out for a leisurely stroll. Now to me this seemed to be normal and proper behavior for a mouse. To Joyce it was a national crisis. With a scream she fled into our bedroom and issued this ultimatum: “You will be getting up with the kids in the middle of the night until that mouse is gone!” 

Well, needless to say, that got my attention! Traps were immediately set at every logical location. After a week the traps were still empty and I was on permanent night duty. It was then I came up with a remarkable plan (although not necessarily an honest one). I walked into the kitchen and got down on my knees to look under the refrigerator.  I pulled out the empty trap and called in my best fake happy voice, “Honey, do you want to see it?” 

In a way it was one of my finest hours—but in reality is was pure and simple deception.  I have already confessed it to the Lord and to Joyce, so do not hammer me about dealing with the issue. Joyce squealed and said, “Just get it out of here!”  I walked outside and made noises as if I was throwing it in the garbage can. Remember, it was all just a farcethere was no mouse.  I did not actually say there was, but I had lied by intimation.

Do you have any "mice" in your life? Are there things that you say and do in order to lead to a conclusion that is not true? Do you lead people to believe you are a dedicated Christian when, in fact, you are hiding sin in your life? Confess!

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today and be a blessing!  
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL