DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
August 26, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

“WRONG DATE!”
Matthew 24:32-35
Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.”

Sometimes the words we speak are not the words we intended. I seem to be a master of this shortcoming. I was listening to my voice reading of BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART forTuesday when I realized that I had said the 26th instead of the 25th. A friend reminded me that since our subscriber list is global, it really would be a day ahead for part of the world. It still was a mistake on my part!

We may fuss and fidget over dates in our own life, but God knows each and every day before we ever live there. God is sovereign! He does not need to explain anything because He has created everything. Romans 8:28 gives us an assurance of God’s plan of provision for us: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

If we truly trust God, and we must, then we will recognize that he knows the end from the beginning. When we read the book of Job we realize that even though Job goes through unbelievable suffering, victory is in store for this suffering saint. I want to close with a passage from Job 42:5-6: “I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees You. Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”  

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   
- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Feel free to invite friends and family to subscribe to the Daily-E-Votional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL