DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
August 10, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

“FOOTPRINTS!”
I Corinthians 3:10, 12-13
“According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,  each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.”  

Have you ever prayed that God would bless the work of your hands? Your desire is to please God, but you’re not sure if you are being effective in the work. As much as you labor, you fail to see the result of that work.

Many years ago I was pastoring a church in central Oregon and received a tape of a sermon from a former pastor in Boise, Idaho. The title of his sermon was the “Footprints of a Godly Man.” He described going about his activities and hearing the same man mentioned over and over for something he had done. After this had happened a few times, it seemed like he was finding the footprints of that godly man.

I was enjoying his sermon and all the while wondering why he had sent it to me. After listening to the pastor describe his experience, I heard him mention my name. I was astonished to say the least. The footprints that he had been discovering were my footprints. I was humbled! I still am!

At the time that I had been going about those activities he recounted, I so often felt that I was accomplishing next to nothing. Others seemed to be far more fruitful in their ministries than I was. While they impacted larger groups, I was only working with a few. I had no idea that my few were rising to positions of spiritual leadership. I came to realize that we all leave footprints in a different fashion. When we walk with the Lord and keep our eyes focused upon Him, He will test the results of our labor. Keep walking for (and with) Him!
   
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   
- - - Pastor Cecil

 You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL