Sunday, January 10, 2016

MONDAY: “EMPTY HUSKS!” Luke 15:15-16 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson January 11, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
January 11, 2016

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

“EMPTY HUSKS!”
Luke 15:15-16
Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him anything.

Sometimes I feel as if I repeat things over and over. In a way that is good because it’s always fresh in my mind. In a way it’s bad because people think I’m just getting old and repeating myself.

Once again I look across the room at my birdcage to watch my two parakeets peck away at the seeds I have just given them. Countless times, as I have emptied the seed cup and replaced the husks with new feed, I am reminded of a tragic incident. A friend had just purchased birds for the first time, but they mysteriously died within a few weeks. When he went back to the pet store they determined that the seeds he had fed the birds were nothing more than husks. The birds had opened and eaten the inner part of the seeds but now there was nothing left inside. With nothing left to eat, they starved.

Spiritually, many people are fed nothing but empty husks. Ministers who should be disseminating strong spiritual food are dishing out nothing more than empty husks. They do not even train their people how to find food in God’s Word for themselves. How sad it is that there is a form of godliness, but it is nothing but empty husks!   

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment