Monday, January 18, 2016

TUESDAY: “A SIGH OF SATISFACTION!” II Timothy 4:7-8 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson January 19, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
January 19, 2016

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

“A SIGH OF SATISFACTION!”
II Timothy 4:7-8
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Satisfaction! There are many things that bring feelings of satisfaction. I can recall one incident when I was a teenager that brought great satisfaction. I had been hired to dig a ditch for a couple. It was to be 50 feet long and about 3 feet deep.

As I started the task I realized that the soil was mostly topsoil, which made for easy digging. In very little time I was down to the 3 feet depth and the width that was required. I then tried to see how fast I could dig. I was amazed that in a very short period of time I had completed the task.

When I knocked on the door and told the couple that I was finished, they could not believe it. They were paying me by the hour but felt that I earned more than originally agreed upon and paid me a special bonus. I left with a sigh of satisfaction!

What type of satisfaction do we gain doing the things that God calls us to do? At the end of the day can we go to sleep knowing that we have served the Lord to the best of our abilities? Can we slip into slumber with a sigh of satisfaction?

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at

No comments:

Post a Comment