Wednesday, January 13, 2016

THURSDAY: “LOST AND FOUND!” Matthew 10:39 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson January 14, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
January 14, 2016

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

“LOST AND FOUND!”
Matthew 10:39
 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

You may have heard the humorous anecdote of the man who commented, “I now must admit that I believe in the hereafter. It seems like every time I go from one room to another, I stop and ask myself, ‘What am I here after?’”  Ouch! That hits pretty close to home!

Have you ever lost something that has special significance to you? Sometimes it is not the monetary value of a item which makes it precious, but the memories that are associated with it. I recently lost about 20 DVD’s of favorite Christian music that I played before services each Sunday. The only thing I can conclude is that they were accidentally thrown away in the trash after a potluck dinner.

Let’s face it -- the most precious things in this world will someday be lost in one way or another. If we base our happiness and contentment on the things of this world, we will experience disappointment when they are lost, as eventually they will be.

Today’s Scripture tells us that if we grasp and hold on to the things of this life, we will lose them. But when we lose our life and the things of this life, we will find LIFE … real life. That is what I want to seek and hold onto!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil 
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment