Thursday, September 15, 2016

FRIDAY UNDER HIS WINGS! Pastor Cecil A. Thompson September 16, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 16, 2016

To listen to the Daily-E-Votional, click on the link below (or copy and paste it into your browser) for my daily blog!
https://pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com

Listen to Pastor Cecil A. Thompson reading through the Biblein one year! Click on the following link: http://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com/

UNDER HIS WINGS!Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Watch Video
I once read about a forest service worker who was walking through an area that had just been ravaged by a forest fire. He saw a strange mound and stopped to check it out. To his astonishment it was a mother bird that had been killed by the fire. As he knelt to examine the bird, he heard a peep from under the pile of ashes. When he turned the bird over he found several chicks.
Instead of flying to save herself, the mother had sacrificed herself in order to protect her brood from the fire that was sweeping toward them. That is what Jesus has done for us. He wants to shelter us under His wings from the firestorm of life.
In 1896, William Cushing wrote the words and Ira Sankey composed the music to the hymn, Under His Wings. Enjoy this featured hymn fromGloryScapes.
Under His wings, I am safely abiding,
Though the night deepens and tempests are wild.
Still I can trust Him; I know He will keep me,
He has redeemed me and I am His child.
Refrain: Under His wings, under His wings,
who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
safely abide forever.

Under His wings, what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort, and there I am blessed.

Refrain: Under His wings, under His wings,
who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
safely abide forever.

Under His wings, oh, what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life's trials are over;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me,
Resting in Jesus, I’m safe evermore.

Refrain: Under His wings, under His wings,
who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
safely abide forever.
To access Under His Wings, this week's free inspirational video from GloryScapes.com, please go to: http://www.gloryscapes.com/underhiswings/
Watch Video
Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
---Pastor Cecil
Check out our website at: www.daily-e-votional.com
P.S. - You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment