Sunday, September 11, 2016

MONDAY: “BEST INTENTIONS!” Romans 7:19 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson September 12, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 12, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “BEST INTENTIONS!”
Romans 7:19
“For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.”

Sometimes I have every intention of doing a particular thing, but before long I realize that my best intentions remain just that . . . BEST INTENTIONS.  It was not that I did notintend to do something, the opportunity just slipped by and it was too late.

Paul is very candid about confessing his failure to do the right thing in his own strength. I am so glad he did not try to picture himself as some super saint that was able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. In his own strength he could do nothing. That honesty speaks to me of true humility.

His honesty encourages us to readily admit that often what we intend to do is far different than what we actually end up doing. We may have the best intentions of doing something for the Lord, but we become distracted by other things. Before long our best intention is nothing but a faded memory.

The way to insure that our best intentions are fulfilled is to prayerfully make a list to schedule our meaningful activities. When we do this we will see that we have more time to do for the Lord and can say: BEST INTENTIONS FULFILLED! 

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment