Wednesday, September 7, 2016

THURSDAY: “GODLY CHARACTER!” James 1:2-4 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson September 8, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 8, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “GODLY CHARACTER!”
James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”

I never have been a patient man by any stretch of the imagination. I am the type of person that looks for quick fixes. I often think that God has brought delays in my walk with Him in order to teach me that He is the One in charge, not me!

The book of James has held a special spot in my heart for many years. To me it is a practical guide to achieving Godly character. Many of the trials and tribulations that come our way are used by God to develop His character in us ... if we let it.

Looking over my shoulder at the experiences of my life, I remember times of loss and pain that seemed agonizing at the time. It was only as I moved through these times with God’s help that I came to realize that He was giving me open doors of ministry to others who faced similar trying situations.

In "Character Building 101" it is time for us to step up to God’s mirror of self analysis. For me, I see the need for patience and more patience. As I learn to wait on the Lord, I find Him using me in spite of myself. Lead on, Lord!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment