THURSDAY: “I’VE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE!” Psalm 135:17 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson January 26, 2017 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
January 26, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“I’VE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE!”
Psalm 135:17
“They have ears, but they do not hear; nor is there any breath in their mouths.”

I recall a certain man who accompanied his wife to visit our congregation one Sunday morning. After the service he commented to me that he had read the entire Bible and knew everything it contained.

His brash statement stunned me so that I hardly knew how to respond. What I did say to him was that I had read the Bible many times, and the more I read it the more I feel the need to read it again to gain deeper understanding.

That encounter occurred many years ago and I am still finding new and exciting things every time I read the living Word of God. I am sure that much of the newness is due to the situations of life that I am experiencing at the time; but I am equally sure that the Lord desires to reveal exciting and relevant passages to prepare me for greater service.

I pray that I will never come to the place in my life when I feel that I know all there is to know about God's Word. I desire to live my entire life as a student who sits at the feet of the Master, eager to learn more.

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Please invite your friends and family to subscribe  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL