MONDAY - SIMPLE; Pastor Cecil A. Thompson August 14, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
August 14, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“SIMPLE!”
 I Thessalonians 1:6
For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.

I confess that I am not a deep theologian who has profound knowledge of the writings of learned biblical scholars. I simply believe that the Lord has called me to take the truths that are written in the precious Word of God and study, think, and pray until they become real to me.  Then, and only then, I try to present them in a manner that is simple, real, and true to the Word. 
When I was in the USAF stationed in Missouri, I talked quite often with a dear pastor, Rev. Frank Meyers in Warrensburg, MO.  He shared that his first pastorate was in St. Joseph, MO near a large meat packing company.  One of the workers there was a member of his congregation.  This elderly meat packer had at best a third-grade education.  Each day he got off work at 3:00 p.m. and would head for the pastor's study.  Frank said that old man with a limited education taught him more about the true Word of God than all of his highly educated professors in college and seminary.  I want to be like that old unknown meat packer!
Just remember that it is the Lord taking this poor preacher’s ramblings to show you that God loves you, knows exactly what you feel, and has a plan for your good and His glory. I encourage you to read the book of I Thessalonians.  If you can, read it all the way through at one sitting.  It will bless you! 
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

  1. Great job on these devotions! Didn't realize you lived in MO. We are from MO and I went to college in Warrensburg, near Knobnoster. Any how, our family sure enjoys your talks. You are wonderful for Jesus! - the Herbic Family http://whpub.whitakerhouse.com/familyprayer/index.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL