THURSDAY GOD’S GARDEN Pastor Cecil A. Thompson August 3 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
August 3, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“GOD’S GARDEN”
 Proverbs 16:9
A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”

Once again I have been blessed by the response of one of our readers. Kim has been a true beacon of God’s grace in a dark and chaotic world. In spite of our attempts the Lord knows what is best. Read what Kim shared with me today.

As I read your E-Votional this morning, I was reminded of my time spent gardening this weekend. I love to garden.  It is one of my favorite past-times.  I plan where I think each plant will do its best.  Just when I think I have everything planned out so that it will look it’s best, I find something that I never planted and was not in my plan to be there.  For instance, this weekend I was weeding in my flower bed and right there in the middle of my flower bed is a very small apple tree.  It is vibrant and healthy and standing tall and strong right in the midst of the flowers.

I was dumb-founded. How could that happen?  This was not part of my plan.  It looked so happy there, I left it.  It may not have be in my plan but it was in God’s plan.

Another much larger example of this is that last spring I spent way too much money purchasing wildflower seed.  I seeded a very large area on the side of our house.  It was going to be my field of wildflowers - less maintenance and a more natural look.  I was so excited looking forward to this summer when I could enjoy my new field of wildflowers.  Nothing happened.  I had one single wildflower.  I was so disappointed.  I knew it was not the seed because I bought from a very reputable nursery.  Then something strange happened. Every time I mowed the backyard I noticed more and more flowers coming up in the middle of the lawn.  It seems my wildflower seeds had been moved, probably by the birds.  Here is the thing - having them in my backyard means I see them all the time.  Having them where I planted them would mean I would see them only when I was coming and going from the house.  God’s plan is always the better plan!!

Thanks Kim. You have blessed us again!  

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL