Monday, January 7, 2019

MONDAY “MY ROCK!”; January 7, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

January 7, 2019
“MY ROCK!”
Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”

As a boy I was raised on the banks of the mighty Columbia river in Washington State. Not far from my home was a huge rock almost 600 feet high. Now that is a mighty rock!

There is something about a solid rock that gives us a sense of security. In Matthew 7 Jesus used the solid rock in a parable about the two men who built houses. One built on sand and the other on the solid rock. The storms beat on each of the two houses. The one on the sandy soil fell, while the one on solid rock stood firm.
Jesus was illustrating that the shifting sands of this world are just not fit to build our life upon. The fickle pleasures of sin may appeal and tempt us to construct in a manner that will satisfy the flesh, but we can be sure that the storms of adversity are bound to come. What will happen then? I can assure you, after years of working to restructure the ruined lives of people who built on the sand, you do not want to build there!

As we read today's passage of Scripture we discover that not only is the Lord our solid ROCK, He is our fortress and deliverer. Anytime you feel insecure as the storms of life howl around you, call upon Him. He will be your mighty Fortress!  Build your life on Him and His Word. 

Blessings dear hearts! May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!  
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment