Thursday, January 3, 2019

THURSDAY “WE ARE NOT ALONE!”; January 3, Pastor Cecil A. Thompson, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

January 3, 2019
“WE ARE NOT ALONE!”
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

For several years, Public Television has chronicled the story of Dick Proenneke, who lived alone in the wilderness for over thirty years. I have to confess that I have watched this program many times. I especially enjoy observing the creative manner in which he used the resources around him to survive.

In addition to being impressed by Dick’s resourcefulness, I also became aware of something else—he was not totally isolated. There was a bush pilot who made trips into Dick’s remote cabin to bring supplies and mail. I can only imagine the joy he must have felt in receiving mail from his family in California.

We do not have to be isolated in a wilderness like Dick Proenneke to feel alone. We can feel alone even when we are surrounded by a multitude of people. Just look at a picture of people walking down the street of a large city. One person in that huge crowd may feel more alone than actually being alone in the wilderness.

Regardless of where we might be or who might be around us, according to our Scripture for today, we are never alone. Not only is the Lord with us at all times, but He has promised to give us strength and to uphold us with His righteous right hand. Our part is to trust in Him with all our heart. Praise the Lord!   

Blessings dear hearts! May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!  
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment